What is Clermont Main Street?
Clermont Main Street is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization comprised of Downtown Clermont business owners, local businesses and individuals who are passionate about investing in the historic heart of Clermont. Clermont Main Street is more than a merchant’s or business association — it is a volunteer-driven, nonprofit organization working to revitalize and amplify the health and economic vitality of Downtown Clermont using the Main Street 4-Point Approach to downtown revitalization:
- Organization: Involves creating a strong foundation for a sustainable revitalization effort, including cultivating partnerships, community involvement, and resources for the district.
- Promotion: Positions the downtown district as the center of the community and hub of economic activity, while creating a positive image that showcases a community’s unique characteristics.
- Design: Supports a community’s transformation by enhancing the physical and visual assets that set that downtown district apart.
- Economic Vitality: Helps the downtown district reposition its economy through market-driven business retention & development strategies.
Consistent with the national organizational model, Clermont Main Street is funded through a mix of public funding, grants, memberships and sponsorships in addition to revenue generated from community events held within Downtown Clermont.
WHETHER YOU’RE LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME & TALENT OR PROVIDE FINANCIAL SUPPORT THROUGH ONE OF OUR MANY SPONSORSHIPS AND INVESTOR PROGRAMS, WE’D LOVE TO TALK WITH YOU AND SHARE DETAILS ON THE BENEFITS OF SUPPORTING Clermont Main Street.
Download current membership information.
Download current sponsorship information.
Contact us to learn more about Clermont Main Street.
What is Florida Main Street?
Florida Main Street is a technical assistance program with the goal of revitalizing historic downtowns and encouraging economic development within the context of historic preservation. Since 1985, Florida Main Street has offered technical assistance to Main Street programs across the state. The program is a part of a network of over 40 nationally recognized programs throughout the country. Florida Main Street is administered by the Division of Historical Resources under the Florida Department of State. The program is affiliated with the National Main Street Center and utilizes the National Main Street Center’s Four-Point Approach® which offers a framework for community-based revitalization initiatives.
Why being a Main Street Matters
Florida Main Street encourages economic development and is dedicated to bringing jobs, dollars and people back to Florida’s historic districts. By being a Main Street, Downtown Clermont:
- Creates jobs: A revitalized district attracts new industry and strengthens service and retail job markets.
- Saves tax dollars: Revitalization stabilizes and improves the area’s tax base, while also protecting existing investments.
- Preserves the community’s historic resources: In an economically healthy downtown, property owners can afford to maintain their historic buildings and preserve an important part of the community’s heritage.
- Builds community pride: Main Street provides a public space for members from all areas of the community to come together, create new partnerships, and celebrate their downtown.